With ever increasing work pressures, high expectation, pressure to perform, one thing that has become the part of most of the employees is Stress. Stress can be harmful to both physical and emotional health if not managed properly.
Let us look at some of the factors that contribute to stress at workplace.
- Overburden of work, which leads to long working hours, carrying work at home.
- Unrealistic deadlines resulting in time pressures.
- Job insecurity
- Doing work, which is of least interest and value addition.
- Lack of support from manager and colleagues.
- Conflicts between colleagues.
- Racism or discrimination at workplace.
Some work-related stress can be beneficial to the person, as it helps to stay focused on the job and perform his best. But prolonged or excessive stress can be risky as it can affect the mental health of the person. If the condition worsens, it can also lead to anxiety and depression.
View original post 593 more words