When you need to make or receive a call, here are some of the points that you need to take care before engaging in the telephonic conversation.
- Prepare an agenda of the call. Write down all the points that you want to discuss on the call.
- Always keep a notepad and a pen handy at your desk.
- If there is a noise near your desk, go a to quiet place first, before making a call.
- Before making the call complete all your other activities like talking to someone else, drinking water, chewing gum, eating etc. Your caller should not get disturbed by such activities during the call.
- Be prompt in receiving the call. Do not let your caller wait for too long.