Communicating with confidence can again do wonders to your job. People who lack confidence, are generally not able to grow high in their careers.
Imagine a situation where you are trying to explain a new idea for a project. But, as you are not able to communicate confidently, people are developing doubts and you are not able to convince the audience about the idea. In the same situation, you are confidently able to speak and tell people about how your idea will be beneficial to the project. This time people are impressed with your confidence and get convinced of the idea. In both the situations, you are communicating the same idea, but in the second situation, it is not only the content of your communication, but also the confidence in which you are communicating leads you to the success.
So how can you improve your confidence. Well, here are some points, which if you follow, can help boost your confidence.
- Self-esteem is directly related to confidence. People with low self-esteem, generally are not able to be confident in whatever they do. Self-esteem is how you feel about yourself, your appearance, your thoughts and how valuable you feel. So, it is important to feel good about yourself. Never have negative feelings about yourself. People will love you only if you love yourself. This will not only improve your self-esteem, but also give you confidence.
- Be knowledgeable and informed. If you have a complete knowledge about the subject you are speaking, confidence will automatically reflect in your words.
- Many a times, you may not feel confident in accepting new responsibilities. Working on the same thing/tasks for a long time, makes it your comfort zone. You may feel the resistance in moving out of your comfort zone. But if you do not take new responsibilities, how will you grow in your career. So, come out of your comfort zone, learn and train yourself to perform the new responsibilities. And once you gain ample knowledge about it, you will definitely feel confident in taking up those new tasks.
- Don’t be afraid of the mistakes. We all make mistakes and learn from them. So always perform your tasks without thinking of the mistakes. This will help you perform freely and give you confidence.
- Do not lose your confidence due to any negative feedback or criticism from others. Criticism should always be taken as an opportunity to improve yourself. Take it in the positive way and analyze yourself. If you think that, there is a scope to improve upon some aspects, go for it.
- Be positive and think positive. Do not let the negative thoughts affect your confidence.
Back: Communication Skills